KAGANHOTEL is a co-living space for creative and young artists to live and work.
Creatives can now apply for our residency plan including a single room and a studio. If you would like to come to see the place in person or get to know more details you can reach out to us by the application form below.
All creatives are welcomed!
We are welcome all the young creatives including Artists / Curators / Musicians / Designers /Fashion Designers / Cooks / Dancers / Producers to grow our community here.
Which is the most suitable plan for you, No-selection or Selection plan?
【No-Selection】KAGANHOTEL CO-LIVING PLAN DETAILS
CHOOSE A PLAN DEPENDING ON THE LENGTH OF YOUR STAY
① Stay for 6 to 20 days：Please book weekly plan from here.
② Stay for 21 days or more：Please book monthly plan from here.
③Reserve the room with the atelier as a set : Please book atelier plan from here.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- hostel room on 4th floor
- Shared small Kitchen space
- 3 shared shower rooms
- 2 shared toilets
- Free access to Wifi / Coffee maker / IH heater / Pan / Hot water / Fridge /Air-conditioning
STUDIO AND FEE
- A studio space 5㎡ (Height .2.7m/ Wall 3m＋2m)
- 1,650yen / day
【Selection】KAGANHOTEL CO-LIVING PLAN DETAILS
- be artists, creators, or be involved in any creative discipline such as designer, dancer, etc.
- planning to stay for more than 2 months.
- willing to communicate with non-english native speakers, including our staff and residency artists.
- have a portfolio or own website with works created within the last 2 years.
- Have experience in communal living.
- be able to communicate in Japanese (any level)
MONTHLY RENT AND FEE (Including atelier fee)
|Minimum residence period||Monthly rent||Monthly utility costs||Initial move-in cost|
|Short term resident||60 days or more||¥79,000-||¥9,500-||¥22,000-|
|long term resident||6 month or more||¥49,000-||¥9,500-||¥88,000-|
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A private room 12㎡ (for 6 tatami) on 3rd floor
- Shared Kitchen space 23㎡
- 2 shared shower rooms
- 2 shared toilets
- A studio space 5㎡ (Height .3.8m/ Wall 3m＋2m)
- Free access to Washing Machine / Fridges / Vacuum / Rice cooker / Toaster etc
- (*There is no air-conditioning in the private room, residents need to prepare for if needed.)
- Futon (quilted Japanese-style mattress laid out on the floor)
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact through our email address with your portfolio and application form.
Application form can be downloaded from here.
*Please write the application in English or Japanese. It’s okay to use translation assist application.
① Access to your personal studio space for 24 hours
Our studios are located at the Basement floor, each resident has their own studio space, where you could work and create. The floor of the studio space is simple and spacious, you can move your artworks in and out easily.
② Sharing and experiencing with Creative peers
We offer living and working space for creatives from all over the world including short-term residency from 1 week to 2 years. There are also art-loving travelers that come and go often.Since a lot of collaborations are happening here, KAGANHOTEL is not just a place to live but also a place to meet opportunities and people.
③ Present your works in KAGAN’s premier hotel rooms.
On our 5th floor, there are 5 premier rooms where artists could showcase and present their artworks to the guest. By providing a connection through the arts, we hope we can stimulate the communication between artists and art-loving guests.
④KAGANHOTEL 1st Floor Gallery Space and Event
KAGANHOTEL’s 1st floor is a spacious space that has been used as gallery and event venue. The resident members can use it for their exhibition or any event. We have ever held youtube live stream art shows and live music events before.
⑤KAGANHOTEL 1st Floor Gallery Space and Event
KAGANHOTEL is located at the center part of Kyoto.
– just 5 mins walk from JR Umekoji-Kyoto West Station
– 10 mins walk from JR Tanbaguchi Station
– reach the city center in just 15 mins by bike
– 10 mins to DIY store by bike
– convenient for shipping your artworks because Kuronekoyamato’s counter (delivery company) is in front of our hotel.